Date:      Wed, 25 Jun 1997 07:43:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Incoming Mail List <mailist@whoweb.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   MBR

Are there any tools or strategies available to install an MBR
and boot manager without going through /stand/sysinstall and
partitioning the disk in V2.1?

I managed to screw up the partitions on a running disk, but
restored them successfully.  However, when I now boot the
machine it stops at:

	boot F?

I've used my boot floppy to get around this so I can boot the
disk, and I guess I'm assuming the MBR is gone on the disk.
So can I put the MBR back on without destroying the disk
partitions?

Jon