Date:      Fri, 13 Jun 2003 10:16:07 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tridents (was Re: FreeBSD Version Release numbers)

Narvi wrote:
> I'm pretty sure that tridents were used as a weapon of war by
> Minoans, and that there is sufficent evidence to back this up.

Offensive, or defensive?  Nun-chucks were originally intended to
seperate grain from chaff.  Now they are in the ninja movies,
where all the ninjas politely engage the hero one at a time,
instead of all at once and beating him senseles in under s
minute.  Perhaps the hero is protected by a single mutex, and
the ninjas are afraid of overwriting each other's writes to his
"hit point" countering after decrementing it... 8-).

In any case, if I were a fisherman, being attacked by soldiers
from the sea, and all I had was my fishing pole, I would likely
leave some nasty welts before they got me.  8-) 8-).

-- Terry