Date:      Mon, 22 Sep 2003 17:35:00 +0100
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott+freebsd@fishballoon.org>
To:        Marc Ramirez <marc.ramirez@bluecirclesoft.com>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What are people using for MUA's nowadays?

On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 12:22:12PM -0400, Marc Ramirez wrote:
> to have every mail you receive.  Which means there is no more "delete,"
> there is only "move to ham-pile" and "move to spam-pile."  So I get
> bogofilter set up, go to reprogram the "D" key in pine, and humbug! I
> can't do that. (that's not really the expletive I used, but, hey)

Not exactly - the message has already been fed through the spam filter by
your MTA (be it exim, sendmail, postfix, whatever) and classified as ham or
spam.  You only need do anything is the filter gets it wrong - then you need
to pipe it back into the learner and tell it 'this is spam' (or ham, as the
case may be).  I have things set up so this is done by bouncing the mail to a
magic address, as you've seen other people use mutt keyboard macros to get the
same effect.  Once a message has been classified correctly the learner has no
further interest in it and you can delete it if you want.

HTH,

	Scott