Date:      Wed, 31 May 2000 19:31:28 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Andy Farkas <andyf@speednet.com.au>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: GENERIC 4.0 kernel compile fails on in_cksum.c

In message <Pine.BSF.4.21.0005311822060.18628-100000@freefall.freebsd.org> Kris Kennaway writes:
: > This still works (I just did it the other day), if you follow the
: > directions exactly.  Until there are real landmines in the way, I'm
: > going to continue to have this in UPDATING.
:
: Then perhaps you'd like to include instructions for overcoming the
: in_cksum problem people have been seeing? :-)

make buildkernel

At least it works for me from my 3.x boxes.  You have to build it with
the compilers that are in the obj tree after a make buildworld, or it
won't work.  I'll go try again to make sure that nothing has changed
in the last week or two since the last time I was able to do this.

At work I build 4.x kernels all the time on a 3.4 machine (and also on
a 5.0-current machine).  I do have to use the obj tree from my 4.0
world to do it, however.

Like I said, if it no longer works, then I'll take out the support bit
in UPDATING.

Warner