Date:      Sat, 26 May 2001 09:43:15 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Gerhard Gonter <gonter@whisky.wu-wien.ac.at>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: " S/PDIF output? "

According to Orion Hodson:
> I've cc'd this to Gerhard in case he's played with the driver since
> release and can state whether it works...

Thanks Orion!

It worked right out of the box after the FreeBSD 4.3 build/install
world.  My configuration uses the optical output, I didn't try the
electrical SPDIF output yet.

My next goal will be activation of SPDIF loopback, this should
enable the card to put the SPDIF input signal right back to the
output.  My previous attempts didn't work because an undocumented
hardware switch wasn't in the right position :((

Btw, to activate spdif loop through I expermiented with a sysctl
variable.  Would this be a proper way to implement such a switch?

+gg