Date:      Fri, 28 Nov 2014 20:58:37 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Install texlive without X11

Hello,

Is there a way to install texlive without X11?

My intention is to replace the teTeX port on a headless
server with the newer texlive port.  The old teTeX port
worked fine without X11, but the new texlive-base port
seems to require X11, without a way to disable it.

(I do not need xdvi or similar programs.  This server
purely runs TeX and produces DVI and PDF files, nothing
else.  The number of ports on this machine must be kept
to a minimum for security and maintenance reasons, so
X11 is disallowed.)

Any idea?

Best regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme,  secnetix GmbH & Co. KG,  Marktplatz 29, 85567 Grafing
Handelsregister:  Amtsgericht Muenchen, HRA 74606, Geschäftsfuehrung:

FreeBSD-Dienstleistungen/-Produkte + mehr: http://www.secnetix.de/bsd

"That's what I love about GUIs: They make simple tasks easier,
and complex tasks impossible."
        -- John William Chambless