Date:      Mon, 15 Dec 2008 19:49:21 -0700
From:      Geoff Fritz <gfritz@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   GEOM_JOURNAL: Flush cache of concat/foo: error=19

I've been experiementing with a bunch of GEOM services lately, and I've got a
really ugly patchwork of disk space that might be better off done with ZFS.

Without going into insane detail, here's how the layers stack up:

drives --> gmirror --> gconcat --> geli -> gjournal

(The goal was to utilize a bunch of misc drives, have all of the used space
have redundancy, and only need to provide a single password when the
system boots.)

So I've got this /dev/concat/foo.eli.journal device mounted as my root
partition (I boot via USB stick, to test full-disk crypto), with options
"rw,noatime,async".

I'm seeing the error (mentioned in the subject) when I beat the tar out of the
filesystem, followed by a healthy stack of "last message repeated...".  I'm
currently compiling openoffice.org, which is when I first noticed the errors.

I've been unable to locate the meaning of error "19" from searching the
archives or the sources (a few too many levels of function calls for me to
sort through).

What does the error mean, is it serious, and how do I prevent it?

Thanks for any pointers.

-- Geoff