Date:      Sun, 18 Feb 1996 02:12:41 +0900
From:      hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp (HOSOKAWA Tatsumi)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org, hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   [PCMCIA on FreeBSD] New PCMCIA-ready installation floppy

In article <4fp47n$sv0@kogwy.cc.keio.ac.jp>
 writes:

>> I found a bug of this sysinstall that fails to detect PCMCIA network
>> card.  If I use fixit floppy and ifconfig it, it responds ping
>> requests, but sysinstall fails to detect it.  CD-ROM via SlimSCSI
>> works fine on my laptop.

This bug is fixed.

You can get the newest version from

ftp://bash.cc.keio.ac.jp/pub/os/FreeBSD/alpha-test/pccard-flp/pccard-flp-960218.tar.gz

or

http://www.mt.cs.keio.ac.jp/person/hosokawa/freebsd-pcmcia/

Enjoy!

pccard.flp
FreeBSD 2.1.0R installation disk for PCMCIA (PC-card)

HOSOKAWA, Tatsumi <hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp>

Read COPYRIGHT file for original FreeBSD copyright notice.  Note that
this floppy is alpha-test version.  This floppy is freely
redistributable.  But if you want to write something about this floppy
on magazines or books, please contact me first.

You can install FreeBSD 2.1.0R with various PCMCIA Ethernet cards,
PCMICA modem cards, and *CD-ROMs via PCMCIA SCSI cards* !!

[CAUTION]: We are not responsible for the proper functioning of it,
and we are not responsible for damages incurred with its use.

Currently this floppy supports:

Machines:
	Laptops with Intel i82365SL or compatible PCICs (Cirrus Logic,
	VLSI, Vadem, etc.)

PCMCIA Cards:
        Ethernet:
	        IBM PCMCIA Ethernet I/II
		Accton? UE2212 (Very Slow)
		Accton EN2212 (Very Slow)
		3Com Etherlink III 3C589B, 3C589C
		Farallon EtherMac
		Fujitsu MBH10302
		NextCom J Link NC5310
	FAX/Modem:
		Megahertz XJ1144
		Megahertz XJ2144
		Megahertz XJ2144J
		Megahertz XJ2288
		Omron ME2814 FAX/DATA MODEM
		Omron MD24XCA FAX/Data Modem
		TDK DF1414 FAX/Data Modem
		TDK DF1414EX FAX/Data Modem
		NewMedia 14.4K FAX/Data Modem
		PREMAX FM288 FAX/Data Modem
		Novalink NovaModem 144
		US Robotics Sportster PCMCIA V.34
		US Robotics COURIER PCMCIA V.34
		Xircom CreditCard Ethernet+Modem (Modem only !!!)
		GATEWAY 2000 FAX/Data Modem (14.4K)
	ISDN:
		BUG Linkboy D64K
	Digital Cellular:
		NTT DoCoMo DATA/FAX Adapter
	SCSI:
		Adaptec SlimSCSI APA-1460 (IRQ 5)
		NewMedia BusToaster
		RATOC REX-5535AC
		RATOC REX-5535AMC
		RATOC REX-5535X

We have not tested it on every cards.  These cards witout "(IRQ x)"
uses IRQ 10 or IRQ 11.  Please confirm that your machine does not use
IRQ 10 or IRQ 11 before installation.

The pccard driver is based on "pccard-test" package 960207-alpha
release.  If you want to read the source of this floppy, please wait
for the next release of "pccard-test" package.  If you need it ASAP,
please e-mail me about it.

Contents:

pccboot.flp	PC-card ready FreeBSD 2.1.0R installation disk

		- PC-card ready kernel
		- PC-card ready sysinstall

pccfixit.flp	PC-card ready FreeBSD 2.1.0R fixit disk

		- pccardd and pccardc are included.  This floppy is
		  still useless for automatic installation.  Sorry.