Date:      Mon, 17 Jun 2002 10:13:03 -0400
From:      Anthony Dean <adean@microcenter.com>
To:        Dirk Beckmann <dirk@sqeezer.net>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 13W3 to VGA

Dirk Beckmann wrote:

> Hi,
> i'm having problems connecting my sparcstation 20 to a regular VGA-monitor,
> i bought a special connector (13W3 male ----> SUB-D 15 female) which fits
> perfekt. But i cannot get any picture/video signal from the SS20.
>  - has anybody the correct pin connections for a 13W3-->VGA cable?
>  - i tried different monitors, 15" TFT, reg. 19" and 21" (ADI Microscan),
>    do i need any "special" features to solve my problem?

Have you ever had it hooked up to a Sun monitor?  If this is a used ss20 you
bought cheap or found it probably doesn't have any VSIMMs installed so the
integrated SX framebuffer won't work.  If you've got any cheap 8 bit
framebuffers laying around, you might try one of those to make sure the
adapter is ok.

Anthony