Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2000 11:43:22 -0800
From:      Matt Harrington <matt@msg.ucsf.edu>
To:        Rob McKinley <mckinley@enteract.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fs problems with Mylex DAC960PD

On Sat, Dec 09, 2000 at 10:04:47PM -0600, Rob McKinley wrote:
> I'm trying to set up a raid on my machine.  I've used the DOS utilities
> to create a mirror'd pack, and initialize it.  I can partition & disklabel
> it, but can't create a filesystem.  Can anyone point out where I've screwed
> things up?  Things to look for? Thanks!

Rob,

On my Mylex Acceleraid 250, I just used the RAID EzAssist program that
resides on the card itself.  I didn't need to use any special utilities
from DOS.  I just hit alt-r when prompted to do so during a boot.

Do you not have this option with your particular card?  Is your card's
firmware up to date?

Creating a RAID-1 set in EzAssist is quite simple.

---Matt