Date:      Sun, 28 Apr 2002 20:39:40 -0600
From:      Aaron J Siegel <Aaron.Siegel@attbi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: unrecognised FBSD box in other windows client

Hello
    In this case I do not believe you will want to use the hosts file.
The hosts file just maps a know set of ip address to name, and it will
work on the computer which owns that hosts file. Take a look at the man
for dhclient.conf, you can send the DHCP server a hostname useing the
line send host-name "box1.network.edu.sg", I have never used, it might
work.