Date:      Wed, 18 May 2011 17:44:15 -0500
From:      eculp <eculp@encontacto.net>
To:        ohauer@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Issue with apr1 on up to date freebsd stable

Quoting Olli Hauer <ohauer@FreeBSD.org>:

> On 2011-05-18 20:57, eculp wrote:
>> Quoting eculp <eculp@encontacto.net>:
>>
>>> For a couple of days I have not been able to upgrade apr1.  It dies with
>>> libtool that I've also rebuilt.
>>>
>>> checking for minix/config.h... no
>>> checking whether it is safe to define __EXTENSIONS__... yes
>>> checking for library containing strerror... none required
>>> checking whether system uses EBCDIC... no
>>> performing libtool configuration...
>>> ./configure: 9904: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
>>> *** Error code 2
>>>
>>> Stop in /new/usr/local/ports/devel/apr1.
>>> *** Error code 1
>>>
>>> Stop in /new/usr/local/ports/devel/apr1.
>>>
>>> uname -a
>>> FreeBSD unixmania.com 7.4-STABLE FreeBSD 7.4-STABLE #1203: Wed Apr =20
>>> 20 04:57:59
>>> CDT 2011     root@unixmania.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ENCONTACTO  i386
>>>
>>> The system is actually up to date with a kernel compile from this =20
>>> morning but
>>> I haven't reset it since Apr. 20.  Ports are a few days behind =20
>>> because of this
>>> problem with apr1.
>>

> Hi Ed,
>
> I just build apr1 with LDAP on 7.4-i386 and  8.2-amd64.
> Please try with an updated portstree, there was a patch submitted to apr1.
>
> If this doesn't help please provide also a
> $> make showconfig
> from your apr1 directory and which openldap version is used.

Thanks for your reply Olli,

The kernel and  all sources are updated daily everything is based on =20
today's sources, kernel and ports that build..  Ports are a bit behind =20
because I need apr1 to build first.

# uname -a
FreeBSD unixmania.com 7.4-STABLE FreeBSD 7.4-STABLE #1210: Wed May 18 =20
05:16:34 CDT 2011     =20
root@unixmania.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ENCONTACTO  i386

/usr/ports/devel/apr1 # make showconfig
=3D=3D=3D> The following configuration options are available for =20
apr-ipv6-devrandom-gdbm-db46-ldap24-1.4.4.1.3.11_1:
      THREADS=3Don "Enable Threads in apr"
      IPV6=3Don "Enable IPV6 Support in apr"
      BDB=3Don "Enable Berkley BDB support in apr-util"
      GDBM=3Don "Enable GNU dbm support in apr-util"
      LDAP=3Don "Enable LDAP support in apr-util"
      MYSQL=3Doff "Enable MySQL suport in apr-util"
      NDBM=3Doff "Enable NDBM support in apr-util"
      PGSQL=3Doff "Enable Postgresql suport in apr-util"
      SQLITE=3Doff "Enable SQLite3 support in apr-util"
      DEVRANDOM=3Don "Use /dev/random or compatible in apr"
=3D=3D=3D> Use 'make config' to modify these settings

Ports that portmaster lists as needing upgrading follows:

When I try to build apr1 with a simple "make" after cleaning all the =20
old automake/config ports it still dies with configure.

checking whether it is safe to define __EXTENSIONS__... yes
checking for library containing strerror... none required
checking whether system uses EBCDIC... no
performing libtool configuration...
./configure: 9904: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
*** Error code 2

Stop in /new/usr/local/ports/devel/apr1.
*** Error code 1

I hope this is enough to help someone help me.  I don't really =20
understand the Syntas error: word unexpected (expecting ")") *** Error =20
Code 2

It exceeds my trouble shooting abalities.

Thanks,

ed