Date:      Sat, 7 Nov 2015 21:31:48 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        FreeBSD FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: IDE for Python

On Sat, 7 Nov 2015 15:22:58 -0500, Jerry wrote:
> I am in the process of learning Python and am interested in a good IDE
> application. One that runs on both Windows and FreeBSD would be ideal since I
> spend time on both systems.

The official Python IDE is IDLE:

https://wiki.python.org/moin/IDLE

https://docs.python.org/2/library/idle.html

It's probably not a bad idea to at least evaluate this one.
It seems to fit your cross-platorm requirement, as well as
a fit for the goal of _learning_ Python.

> I have seen several listed, but I have no
> practical way of determining which ones are superior.

Sadly, nobody can answer this question in an "objective manner",
because superiority depends on too many factors, including your
own preferences, workflow, knowledge and experience, as well as
possible team guidelines, project requirements or system definitions.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany