Date:      Fri, 6 May 2005 16:35:56 -0500
From:      "Andrew L. Gould" <algould@datawok.com>
To:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Want a logo competition? Do it properly.

On Friday 06 May 2005 04:10 pm, Dan Langille wrote:
> On 6 May 2005 at 15:01, Fafa Hafiz Krantz wrote:
> > Wouldn't it be more fair to everyone if everyone could participate?
>
> No.

As a user that has reaped far more benefit from the FreeBSD, and thus
from its developers, than I could ever contribute, I agree with Dan's
rather concise answer.

I have expressed my views in the email lists; and if I had any talent, I
would submit a logo.  The decision, however, belongs to the Core Team.
They've certainly earned it.

FreeBSD isn't a country of oppressed people.  Using FreeBSD isn't some
sort of god-given right.  Often, we users could have a little more
humility, show a little more appreciation and be a little less upity.
(Did I spell that right?)

Respectfully,

Andrew Gould