Date:      Mon, 10 Nov 1997 16:35:15 -0600 (CST)
From:      dave <dave@comsite.net>
To:        Tom <tom@uniserve.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: alpha port

Hmmm, actually I am -definitely- planning on contributing something.
Hence the reason I asked specifically if anyone has worked on the the
'initial stage...bootstrap'.  I was trying to put across that the palcode
seems to be out of my reach right now but I have documentation and
hardware for much of the system that I am just waiting to put to use
whenever I can.

I would really like to get FreeBSD running instead of NetBSD on this box.
I am looking to establish a timeline of when an initial PALcode will be
working so I can dedicate some time and funds to the project.  With nobody
saying anything at all I can't even begin to move things out of the way to
help on the project.  And attempting to redo work on the PALcode or
bootstrap when someone else might be doing it would seem silly, especially
when I have never looked at the code before a few weeks ago.

As I sent a message to Jordan many weeks ago, I even have a machine that I
was willing to donate to the cause, but since you guys ending up receiving
machines from Digital I found out you didnt need them right now.  I also
have working OSF/1 (the release before they changed the name to digital
unix, whichever one that is...i forget)... and NetBSD installs on the
machine, and I also have much of the linux source tree sitting around on
another machine that I have been studying.

So, I'm sorry for being annoying but I figured it was the only way I could
get a response from anyone, because I had tried to be nice about it
several times in the past.  If there is some other place that I can be so
I can be closer to whatever communication circles than I am now, please
inform me where that is.  I love freebsd and I want to help out in
whatever way I can to get it running on the Alphas.

--Dave Ferovick
ComSite International, Inc.