Date:      Tue, 23 Sep 1997 09:34:48 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        taufik@doitnow.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DNS question

On Mon, Sep 22, 1997 at 12:28:36PM -0700, Taufik Islam wrote:
> Who should I ask for DNS related questions on FreeBSD.

Here's fine.

Doug Studded said:

> Questions that deal primarily with designs of DNS systems are better
> sent to bind-users@vix.com.  If you'd like to subscribe to that
> group, send a letter to bind-users-request@vix.com.

I don't think that your question fits in this category.

> I want to find an optimal DNS solution for my growing network and
> servers.  I was thinking of cache servers but should I build a cache or
> should I build another DNS primary server?

That depends on whether you have your own zone or not (i.e. a domain
or a subdomain).  Some name server has to be responsible for this
zone, and yours is the obvious choice.

For information on how to set up a name server, look at "TCP/UP
Network Administration", by Craig Hunt (O'Reilly).  The second edition
of "The Complete FreeBSD" will also contain information on how to set
up a name server.  Contact me if you want to proof-read and test the
information.

Greg