Date:      Sat, 3 Jan 1998 12:19:30 +0100 (MET)
From:      Paul Dekkers <psd@dds.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   login.access

Hi

I'm running FreeBSD 2.2.1 and discovered the login.access file in /etc...
but I tried the following:

-:users:ttyv5
to prevent users from the group 'users' logging in from ttyv5
BUT: they were still able to! If I replaced 'users' with the 'username' it
worked well...

-:ALL except staff:ALL
however this rule worked: everybody was not allowed to login from
everywhere BUT users in the staff group... If I replaced this with
+:staff:ALL
-:ALL:ALL
it hadn't work...

And doing this I can prevent users from loggin in except the 'staff' but,
when I just don't want the group 'students' to log in:
-:student:ALL except .localnet
doesn't work... and when converting that to a plus '+' rule it doesn't
work...

Is there something wrong with that file or am I doing something wrong?
(maybe just under FreeBSD 2.2.1 and it's a bug which has been fixed
now??? (not able to try it))

Paul