Date:      Tue, 19 Mar 2002 06:16:31 +1100
From:      BSD Freak <bsd-freak@mbox.com.au>
To:        Jim Durham <durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: VPN tunnels using gif interface

I don't quite understand how you use Windows VPN clients (I am asuming
you mean PPTP) to connect to mpd. The pkg-descr for mpd is as follows:

..."Mpd is a user-mode implementation of the PPP protocol for FreeBSD.
It supports several of the numerous PPP sub-protocols and extensions,
such as:

      Multi-link PPP capability
      PAP, CHAP, and MS-CHAP authentication
      DES encryption "...

It says nothing of PPTP. If uo have manged to get it going with PPTP
clients I would be very grateful if you could supply me with the basic
details and some sample configs. I would be happy to write the HOWTO and
post it for everyone else.......