Date:      Thu, 08 Aug 2002 14:50:45 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Makoto Matsushita <matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        lansil@rpi.edu, hackers@FreeBSD.org, stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: doFS.sh, FreeBSD To Go

Makoto Matsushita wrote:
> BTW, why you want a floppy image for your project?  Doesn't 'cdboot'
> help you anything?

FWIW, I think a floppy image is great.  I have a number of
older systems from which I cannot boot from the CDROM.

It's also desirable from the third party driver perspective,
as long as FreeBSD can load kernel modules of a CDROM or
DOS floppy in a binary format: it means that someone can
sign a non-disclosure agreement with a hardware vendor,
create a binary only driver, and then give it to the hardware
vendor to have them distribute in the A:\FREEBSD\BIN\
directory.  8-).

-- Terry