Date:      Wed, 19 Feb 1997 11:38:18 -0600 (CST)
From:      Prisoner <spatula@gulf.net>
To:        Tim Oneil <toneil@visigenic.com>
Cc:        dlr <dlr@asylum.org>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86 and Diamond Speedstar Pro

On Wed, 19 Feb 1997, Tim Oneil wrote:

> >I tried to contact diamond but they seem to have vanished off the earth
> >(or at least I can't find them)

   Try www.diamondmm.com, or maybe call them.  They don't answer their
e-mail very well.

> I never use Diamond (or any video card sporting the cirrus logic chipset)
> Too many woes with that card. Run away from CL video cards like the plague.
> I try to use ATI when I can. I've always had good success with ATI cards.

   Diamonds, at least the ones I've used, use the S3 chipset, and work
beautifully.

   Nick

--
The man who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the
crowd.  The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no