Date:      Thu, 2 Mar 2000 19:49:15 -0600 (CST)
From:      Kris Kirby <kris@hiwaay.net>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        "Sameer R. Manek" <manek@ecst.csuchico.edu>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail (PPP)

On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, Brian Somers wrote:

> > NAT. But CCP isn't running.
> >
> > PPP ON barricuda> show ccp
> > deflink: CCP [Stopped]
> >
> >  Defaults: FSM retry = 3s, max 5 Config REQs, 5 Term REQs
> >            deflate windows: incoming = 0, outgoing = 15
> >            DEFLATE:    enabled & accepted
> >            PREDICTOR1: enabled & accepted
> >            DEFLATE24:  disabled & denied
> > PPP ON barricuda>
>
> Strange.  NAT shouldn't use much CPU...  It'd be interesting to see
> if the load average decreases when the link is idle.

System load is negligible at idle. My load floats up under rather severe
conditions, i.e.: About six (that I would know of) constant streams of
data coming in, plus occasional packets (ICQ). It's no biggie, just raises
an eyebrow.

Idle link, timer set to 300 s, right before it hung up: 1.02, with rc5des
running.
----
<kris@nospam.hiwaay.net>    |