Date:      Sat, 7 Nov 1998 18:33:59 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
To:        dawes@rf900.physics.usyd.edu.au
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/local

David,

 * From: David Dawes <dawes@rf900.physics.usyd.edu.au>

 * >All the problems could be solved if XFree86 ships with an empty font
 * >directory (say, /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/local) where ports can
 * >install whatever they want.  That way the users don't have to worry

 * That sounds OK to me.  I'll run it by our devel team and see what their
 * reaction is.  We should be finalising our 3.3.3 release fairly soon so
 * we might be able to do it in that.

What is the conclusion on this?

Satoshi