Date:      Thu, 19 Jan 1995 05:41:21 -0600
From:      Peter da Silva <peter@bonkers.taronga.com>
To:        Morgan Davis <root@io.cts.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Adding Web Browser Components

Morgan Davis asked where to get mpeg_play...

/usr/local/src on bonkers.taronga.com?

OK, I'll copy it over to freefall in /a/pds/mpeg_play.tar.gz. I don't know
where the original is from. I don't think it took any porting.

> > Mosaic will play .au files directly if you have a /dev/audio. I don't
> > know about Netscape.

> In fact, if you save a .au file to /dev/audio, it tries to stream it
> to your sound card in real-time.

That's a bug in Netscape, then, if it tries to write it as it's coming in.
Mosaic buffers the whole thing first.

If the xanim in ports/graphics is the same one that was in 1.1 it's pretty
damn old.

Robert Ollivier adds:

http://bvp.wdp.com/BVPM/PressRoom/LionKing/LionKing.html