Date:      28 Dec 1995 20:47:52 -0700
From:      "Owen Newnan" <onewnan@uswest.com>
To:        "questions about FreeBSD" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   HTML & ATAPI part 3

                       Subject:                               Time:8:40 PM
  OFFICE MEMO          HTML & ATAPI part 3                    Date:12/28/95

Thanks for the tip on lynx, which is now part of my plan.  I still have a
catch 22: need the documentation to get the drive working, but need the drive
to install the package to read the documentation.  Since I have no direct
internet connection, I can't download the package to FreeBSD.  My only option
presently is to stage it from DOS.  But that results in different file naming
from what the package makefiles expect.

I conclude from the lack of advice on ATAPI that I have an unsupported device.
 So I need a work around installing packages by way of DOS.  Needed is a
utility that takes a package subtree copied over from DOS and applies the
tables, restoring the long file names.  Does such a thing exist?  Otherwise,
I'll write one.

Thanks.
Cheers!