Date:      Sun, 29 Feb 2004 23:38:04 -0500
From:      Richard Coleman <richardcoleman@mindspring.com>
To:        Christopher Vance <vance@aurema.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP!!! USB MFC committed..

Christopher Vance wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 05:01:28PM -0800, Julian Elischer wrote:
>
>> The USB code in RELENG_4 has been updated to match that in -current.
>> Please test any USB devices that are critical to you BEFORE we release
>> 4.10 :-)
>

> <gentle flame="no">
> Would the effort to keep making 4.X releases be better spent making
> 5.X stable, or are the two efforts not competing for the same
> developer resources?
> </gentle>

Keeping the code bases closer together will probably make development
easier, not harder.  Also, this USB code will now be tested on more
hardware before the release of 4.10 or 5.3.  I wouldn't be surprised if
someone running -stable on strange hardware finds a bug that needs
fixing on both -stable and -current.

Seems like a win/win to me.

Richard Coleman
richardcoleman@mindspring.com