Date:      Thu, 15 Aug 1996 11:05:09 +1000 (GMT+1000)
From:      AdNET Technical Grp <tech@adn.edu.ph>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   MAC to FreeBSD PPP Connection (fwd)

Hello everybody!!

I will re send this question because I did not get an answer yet!!
anybody here would like to help me...i'm so desperate to have a
a reply!!
Thank you again and more power to all subscriber here!!

Greetings!!

I have just installed the MAC PPP Config in Macintosh Power PC. We've gone
the whole process until the part when the two modems have successfully
handshaked. The installation procedure tells that the authentication
window should come up, but instead the computer stops responding for
several minutes.However the dial window shows NETWORK after ESTABLISHMENT
phase.which according to the installation manual should come up after the
authentication.And then after awhile the status showed LINK DEAD. that
means theres no carrier or connection at all.

What could be the problem..Is this a compatibility issue?
as far as i know the network phase means that you are already connected.

Waiting for your response!!

Thank you very much in advance

Roy P.

AdNET TSG