Date:      Tue, 9 Jul 96 12:12:09 IST
From:      vdongre@rolta.com (Vrushal Dongre)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   another ELM question

Hello All !
I have another question regarding ELM. When I send mail using ELM
i get the following messages ( randomly ... in the sense sometimes i get
the messages, sometimes i don't ) :-

sendmail [xxx]:NOQUEUE:SYSERR(username):before readcf
 :fd 1 not open : Bad file descriptor

xxx is a number like 184, 294 etc
username is the sender's name.

Can anyone tell me what is going on ?
I have FBSD 2.0 running on a mailserver & i have complied ELM 2.4 on it.
I have compiled ELM with the following options in " config.h " file

/*#define	USE_FLOCK_LOCKING */		/**/

#define	USE_DOTLOCK_LOCKING		/**/

#define	USE_FCNTL_LOCKING	/**/

#define		LOCK_DIR	"/var/spool/lock"	/**/

( i have commented out FLOCK LOCKING . this has helped me to get rid of the
problem where ELM tries to read the mailbox & times out after 7 iterations )

Help is greatly appreciated.

Vrushal Dongre			                Email: vdongre@rolta.com
   " Nothing, is the worst thing that can happen to anybody "
				-Richard Bach