Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2000 20:25:15 +0100 (CET)
From:      Frederik Meerwaldt <frederik@freddym.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   natd bug

Hi there!

I was just looking why my natd doesnt work, when I discovered the
following bug (?):

I compiled my kernel with IPDIVERT IPFIREWALL and
IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT and I set up only one rule:
ipfw add divert natd all from any to any via isp0
Then I started natd (at boot time):
natd -unregistered_only -dynamic -n isp0
But when a package arrives (doesn't matter from localhost or another
host), natd gives out a kernel message:

Nov 30 15:03:06 server natd[195]: failed to write packet back (Permission
denied)

What does that mean? I started natd from my rc.local, so it runs as root
and it should have all permissions.

Thanks in advance!
Best Regards,
	Freddy

--
Geek Code 3.1: GCS s+: a--- C+++ UBOU+++ P-- E--- W++ N w--- V++ PGP- t? 5? tv