Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 22:48:36 -0500
From:      "Thomas M. Sommers" <tms2@mail.ptd.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Guns and freedom [Was: Re: On "intelligent people" and"dangers to  BSD"]

Jay Nelson wrote:

> With greater odds, Victor Charlie cleaned our collective clock.

They didn't clean our clocks. After Tet '68 they were done as an
effective fighting force. What they and their friends and allies did do
was make the cost to us of winning higher than we were willing to pay.
The results on the ground may be the same as if we had had our clocks
cleaned, but the lessons learned are very different.