Date:      Thu, 28 Aug 2003 14:33:00 +0000
From:      "Rob MacGregor" <rob_macgregor@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE on SunFire V100

>From: Maxime Henrion <mux@freebsd.org>
>
>You need -CURRENT for the dc(4) driver to have a chance to work on
>sparc64.  I have converted it to the busdma and made it endian-clean
>after 5.1-RELEASE, and without these modifications it has 0 chances of
>working, hence why it wasn't included in 5.1-RELEASE GENERIC kernel.

Ok, I'll see about dragging a copy of the source from HEAD across from
another system.

>You'll still have the MAC address problem though.  That should be fixed
>hopefully sometime soon.

As long as the system is mostly stable I'm not worried about having to do
workarounds :-)

  Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
       Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?