Date:      Thu, 09 Jul 1998 14:00:12 +0400
From:      "Andrew V. Fomenkov" <fav@prbank.msk.su>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   TCPMUX problems

As specified in RFC1078, there are 2 types of TCPMUX replies:
1. If service available, it sends '+',then message,then CRLF
2. if not available, '-' etc.
If I'm trying to query not-existent service, all OK.
But service available, TCPMUX doesn't send '+', and connects to my
server.
I've tried to connect using telnet to port 1, and the same result...
Why TCPMUX doesn't send positive reply?
How can I check for success if my program must be portable?