Date:      Mon, 2 Mar 1998 22:06:52 -0800
From:      Edward Roper <eroper@wanfear.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   BootStrap not found.

Recently installed 2.2.5 from CD. Everything installed great, except that
it didn't bootstrap the drive, and now I can't figure out how to.

Booting from a floppy and giving the "sd(0,a)kernel" option at the boot
prompt works like a charm, but I would love to get that floppy out of
the drive.

Originally the setup consisted of two SCSI drives. SCSI IDs 0, 2 and a CDrom
on 6.

I disconnected SCSI id 2 drive, placed a new one on SCSI id 3, and installed
freebsd as well as the MBR option on the drive using SCSI id 3.

I removed the drive using SCSI id 0, rejumpered the new fresh install to
SCSI id 0, and reconnected the drive on SCSI id 2 (previously disconnected).

Attempted to boot the system only to see a wonderful "Operating System
Not Found" message from my bios. Through in a floppy, booted the kernel
and root fs on SCSI id 0 and tada, it worked.

Any help would be appreciated. If I've managed to over complicate matters
in this email, let me know that too. I wasn't sure what all information
would help determine the problem.

--
Edward Roper <eroper@wanfear.com>

WANfear