Date:      Fri, 1 Jun 2001 17:54:13 +0200
From:      "Steve O'Hara-Smith" <steveo@eircom.net>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        developers@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org, FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: The FreeBSD core team needs your help

On Fri, 1 Jun 2001 13:41:57 +0930
Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

GL>   When a request or question is sent to core@ you reply with an

	Could you stick some numbers in here please. How much email does
core@ get ? What percentage of it (roughly) is handled immediately ?
Order of magnitude thumb in the air numbers will do, just indicate the
confidence level.

GL>   It is also your responsibility to prepare a summary of core@'s
GL>   businnes once per month and after cores approval of the text, to

	Based on the aforementioned email or is there more 'input' ? If
so roughly how much ?

GL>   take full advantage off.  The benefits include: Lots and lots of
GL>   email. birth control (you wont have time to spend with your SO),
GL>   sunburn protection (you wont have time to spend away from the
GL>   computer).

	<grin> I already have most of these benefits, a little more is
probably OK.

GL> example, or appointed?).  If you're interested, it's your choice
GL> whether you copy -developers, though personally I'd prefer if you just
GL> replied to core@.

	I think others may be interested in the answers to these questions
hence the crosspost, my apologies to any it annoys.

--
    Many have tried to formulate rules for software development, we
are guided by the ways in which they fail to work.