Date:      Sat, 20 Oct 2012 09:02:45 +1100
From:      Jurgen Weber <jurgen.weber@theiconic.com.au>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mfi0 timeout error zfs boot mount problem

Guys

Some more details on this, some insight would be greatly appreciated.

As my day wore on trying to get this zpool to import or mount I have
learnt a few things. I think over time this issue has came about as more
and more data was added to the file systems.

Some further details:

Its a 8 disk raidz pool that the system boots from as well. The disk are
all 2TB.
The server has 16GB Of RAM, I notcied the day before this happen the
server was struggling with its RAM griding to a halt and dumping its RAM.
The issue is not hardware because I found another server (same one)
swapped the harddrives out took another 8GB of RAM and I have the same
problem.
The main data file systems have dedup and gzip compression on.

I have booted from open/Oracle Solars 11 adn attempted to import and the
Solaris live CD will not import either. In the Solaris system the disk
detach from the system.

I get the feeling that ZFS is hitting some root limit when attempting to
mount and its not finishing the job.

Thanks

Jurgen