Date:      Sat, 10 Apr 1999 23:44:09 -0400
From:      Soren Harward <soren@cinternet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   *really* slow login times

I just installed FreeBSD 3.1 on my K6-2 300 a few days ago, and I've been
having a small problem with the login procedure.  If I reboot the system
clean, then I can log in with no problems.  But after about 24 hours or
so, the login starts taking a *very* long time (more than 10 minutes)
to find my username and ask me for my password.  Any idea what's going
on?  I think it may have something to do with corruption of my
/etc/group file.  Could someone send me a copy of a clean one?

--
 Soren Harward <soren@cinternet.net> | Windows DOES come with a tool
 http://www.soren.cinternet.net/     | to restore a corrupt Registry.