Date:      Mon, 10 Mar 2003 16:43:49 +0100
From:      dick hoogendijk <dick@nagual.st>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   dump question

Using dump to make a full level 0 backup of my system to another
harddisk in case of a crash. If needed I want to restore the dumps and
have a fully working system back.

Question: do I have to make the dumps *single* mode or can I just do it
from a running system?

If single, do I have to follow the next steps: ??
# boot -s
# fsck -p
# mount -u /
# mount -a
# swapon -a
# adjkerntz -i

If not, what are IS the right procedure?

--
dick -- http://www.nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.7 ++ Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)