Date:      Sat, 22 May 1999 23:22:23 -0700 (MST)
From:      vetex@WWW.TIMANDPATRICK.COM
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   8.4 gig limit still?

are we still limited to 8.4 gig drives?

or is it just partitions of 8.4 gig?

forgot to mention that its on 2 scsi drives
run by adaptec 2940au and a late model motherboard
of this year.

I am able to mount it on my other freebsd drive and
browse it and all but I just cant boot it.

I just installed 3.1 on my new 9 gig hard drive
and everything seemd to go great, i created
a 200M / , 500M /var , 150M swap the rest i left as
/usr then installed a bunch of packages
it took all afternoon to complete.

now i reboot and i get

Disk Error: 0x1 (LBA = 0x0)
no /kernel

Boot:

the device 0 has my current freebsd system on it
but i am trying to install on new device 1

OK, what did i do wrong and what do i have to do to fix it.

Vetex
C/O Laszlo Vagner
3600 W. Mountain Dr.
Flagstaff, AZ 86001