Date:      Fri, 13 Jun 2003 13:28:15 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tridents (was Re: FreeBSD Version Release numbers)

Terry Lambert wrote:
> Narvi wrote:
>
>>I'm pretty sure that tridents were used as a weapon of war by
>>Minoans, and that there is sufficent evidence to back this up.
>
> Offensive, or defensive?  Nun-chucks were originally intended to
> seperate grain from chaff.

I thought chucks were part of the horse's bit?  My understanding
is that during certain periods, normal weapons were outlawed in
the orient (for the general public, anyway) so they were disguised
as ordinary things (i.e. horse's bit)

>  Now they are in the ninja movies,
> where all the ninjas politely engage the hero one at a time,
> instead of all at once and beating him senseles in under s
> minute.  Perhaps the hero is protected by a single mutex, and
> the ninjas are afraid of overwriting each other's writes to his
> "hit point" countering after decrementing it... 8-).

Stop that.  You can go to jail for humor that bad.

> In any case, if I were a fisherman, being attacked by soldiers
> from the sea, and all I had was my fishing pole, I would likely
> leave some nasty welts before they got me.  8-) 8-).

This is why I never pick fights with fishermen.  Those barbed
hooks give me the heebie-jeebies!

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies