Date:      Sun, 24 Mar 1996 12:52:53 +0100 (MET)
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@knobel.gun.de>
To:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
Cc:        Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Pine 3.92

On Fri, 22 Mar 1996, Matthew N. Dodd wrote:

[...]

Hi Matthew, I got your port this morning and am really happy
with it. Concerning pgp support, that isn't integrated into the
mailer as I hoped, I digged around in comp.mail.pine and found
three wonderful nice scripts, that allow you to read and write
pgp singned/encoded messages.

I think, you should put them into the files directory, as well
as the necessary bits and bytes from .pinerc, how to activate
those scripts...

- ---------- files/pgpdecode ---------
#! /bin/sh
# 21.03.96 Roland Rosenfeld <roland@spinnaker.rhein.de>
#
# Sun Mar 24 12:01:21 MET 1996 Andreas Klemm <andreas@knobel.gun.de>
# The tmp files in the original version were world readable for
# the short time of unpacking, setting suitable umask prevents this
#
umask 077
trap "rm -f /tmp/pgpdecode.???.$$; exit" 0 1 2 15
(pgp -f > /tmp/pgpdecode.txt.$$) 2>&1 | tee /tmp/pgpdecode.pgp.$$ 1>&2
sed -e 's/^/| /' /tmp/pgpdecode.pgp.$$
echo " "
cat /tmp/pgpdecode.txt.$$

- ---------- files/pgpencrypt ---------
#!/bin/sh
# 21.03.96 Roland Rosenfeld <roland@spinnaker.rhein.de>
pgp -feast $*

- ---------- files/pgpsign ---------
#!/bin/sh
# 21.03.96 Roland Rosenfeld <roland@spinnaker.rhein.de>
pgp -fast

- ---------- files/dot.pinerc.pgp.sample ---------
# List of features; see Pine's Setup/options menu for the current set.
# e.g. feature-list= select-without-confirm, signature-at-bottom
# Default condition for all of the features is no-.
feature-list=compose-send-offers-first-filter

# This variable takes a list of programs that message text is piped into
# after MIME decoding, prior to display.
display-filters="-----BEGIN PGP" /usr/local/bin/pgpdecode

# This defines a program that message text is piped into before MIME
# encoding, prior to sending
sending-filters=/usr/local/bin/pgpsign,
        /usr/local/bin/pgpencrypt _RECIPIENTS_

# hook, to get rid of the sucking 'quoted printable' ;-))
# enable-8bit-esmtp-negotiation

Best regards and many thanks for this fine port

	Andreas ///

- --
andreas@knobel.gun.de         /\/\___      Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH
   Andreas Klemm          ___/\/\/         $$  Support Unix - aklemm@wup.de  $$
pgp p-key  http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/~bal/pks-toplev.html  >>> powered by <<<
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/Printing/aps-491.tgz  >>>    FreeBSD <<<