Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 2009 10:51:13 -0700
From:      "Cantu, Mike" <Mike.Cantu@VerizonWireless.com>
To:        <mwlucas@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: mod_auth_xradius-0.4.6

Hello,

I had an issue building the port with apr_memcache under the amd64
7.2-RELEASE.  No matter what I tried, the configure phase would not
"find" libapr_memcache.  One of the tests would say "yes" but it would
end up saying that the lib was not found.  It didn't matter what I added
to the make command when I ran it from the
/usr/ports/www/mod_auth_xradius directory where I started (e.g. "make
CONFIGURE_ARGS=3D--with-apr-memcache=3D/usr/local/lib" or even "make
CONFIGURE_ARGS=3D--with-apr-memcache=3D/usr/local").

I found what I think was the problem on line 4404 of the file
/usr/ports/www/mod_auth_xradius/work/mod_auth_xradius-0.4.6/configure

configure was not able to "see" the installed lib when the original line
4404 was:

    amc_shlib=3D"${x}/libapr_memcache${shrext_cmds}"

configure was able to "see" it when I changed line 4404 to:

    amc_shlib=3D"${x}/lib/libapr_memcache${shrext_cmds}"

I don't know if it is a problem with the native mod_auth_xradius
distribution, or the FreeBSD port of it.  I don't even know if this is a
real problem, but if it is real, I hope that this is the real fix so I
can give something back to the FreeBSD ports effort.  You guys do a
GREAT job.  Thank you for making the FreeBSD environment as slick and
powerful as it is.

Thanks,
Mike

product doctrine and thus protected from disclosure.  If the reader
copies and backups thereof.  Thank you.