Date:      Mon, 29 Nov 2010 22:47:36 +0100
From:      Marius Strobl <marius@alchemy.franken.de>
To:        Super Bisquit <superbisquit@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xorg fails to build, breaking at libtool22

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 03:11:21PM -0500, Super Bisquit wrote:
> Peter Jeremy sent me a suggestion that is currently working. I commented out
> the CFLAGS and CPUTYPE? and everything is building.
> I based that part of /etc/make.conf with my experience on building on a G3
> and G4.
> Also, the only references I can find at the moment are GCC for sparc64 make
> flags.
> I also looked for an earlier post on the list for working cflags.
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-sparc64/2007-February/004618.html

Which says "In many cases, things won't compile" and talks only about
"some success" :)
Just leave CFLAGS and CPUTYPE alone unless you have a good reason to
alter them and really know what you are doing; the default of the system
compiler on FreeBSD/sparc64 already is to optimize for UltraSPARC.

Marius