Date:      Mon, 7 Nov 2005 14:19:21 +0100 (CET)
From:      "oHmEr" <ohmer@epita.info>
To:        DUCHET =?iso-8859-1?Q?R=E9my?= <r.duchet@fintel.ch>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Error in package..

On Lun 7 novembre 2005 13:38, DUCHET Rémy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I like to install Cacti but it seem to be some problem in the port..
> - Cacti require Mysql Server (not listed in the Requires)

cacti requires mysql client, mysql server is not necessary the same system.

> - Install failed :
[...]
> pw: group name required
> Adding group "" failed...
> pkg_add: install script returned error status
>
> Note: Cacti seem to works with rrdtool 1.2.x, but when you try pkg_add -r
> cacti , it download rrdtool-1.0.49.
> Many thanks.

the packages may be outdated. freshports indicates a dependency to
net/rrdtool which is version 1.2.11. if you can install it from ports, i'd
recommend it. otherwise, that's a package issue and package builder will
probably solve it.

--
Matthieu Michaud - EPITA 2007