Date:      Wed, 5 Jun 1996 12:47:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      tim@print.gfmurray.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPFW in stable

Having played around with the IPFW in stable, I have succeeded in only
turning on all access - or blocking all access.
ie.

ipfw add accept all from any to any via any

If I attempt any other rules, I am unable to access even the name server (on
the same host).  If anyone has a set of simple rules to share, I'd like to
try them out.  So far, it has been a little frustrating - the docs are
obviously in a state of flux.....

BTW my configuration is made up of the foloowing.

One FreeBSD box that handles the mail (sendmail & pop), nameserving (BIND),
HTTP server (apache), FTP server(washington U), caching proxy server for ftp
& http (harvest cached) for a class C.  A single dial-up line for 24 hr.
slip access to an ISP as well as two dial-in lines for remote slip access.
All of the other hosts are W95.

thanks in advance....
Tim Baird

Dominus Fecit
"The Lord Made"

Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer etc. etc