Date:      Fri, 30 Jul 1999 12:00:12 +0100
From:      David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bad Quantum Atlas?

We've just been sent a replacement for a 4GB atlas which died a few weeks
ago. The replacement seems flakey too, and seems to go south after a few
mminutes of use. Powercycling the drive seems to wake it up.

I wonder if the drive is actually bad, or just the firmware. It shows:

(ahc0:0:0): "Quantum XP34300 L912" type 0 fixed SCSI 2

on bootup. We have a similar, but working atlas with version L915.

	David.