Date:      Wed, 21 Aug 1996 19:13:33 -0400
From:      Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: http://www3.sco.com/Company/Announce/p081996e.htm

 >> From the last time I used SCO...why would anyone want it, when
 >> there are *better* (IMHO!) Unix variants out like FreeBSD and
 >> NetBSD that have always been free...?
 > Well, this is nevertheless an interesting action, and perhaps the
 > only right thing they can do, now being faced with MicroSnot
 > everywhere...  (and good-quality free Unix clones).

Need I remind you that Micro$oft owns 15% of SCO?

I'd say that it's pretty clear that they're just trying to make SCO a
household UNIX.  And remember, lots of management droids shudder in
fear at the concept of free software, so will likely look more towards
SCO than FreeBSD, Linux, Hurd, or other truely free OS's.

--
http://www.wp.com/piquan --- Joel Ray Holveck --- joelh@gnu.ai.mit.edu

The number you have reached is an imaginary number.
Please rotate your phone 90 degrees and try again.