Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 1995 07:46:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      jhenders@bogon.com (John Henders)
To:        freebsd-ports@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   bug/wierdness in syscons driver

I've been trying to port Tom Hageman's jove version to FreeBSD and the
console handling doesn't seem to work right. It appears that there's a
problem with linewrap handling, though the termcap am entry is there.
What appens is that if there are lines wider than the screen, then for
some reason characters are getting wrapped when they shouldn't, so the
status bar gets overwritten, and jove gets confused about where the
cursor really is. As an experiment, I recompiled the kernel with the
pcvt driver instead of the syscons driver and jove then worked properly,
so I assume the problem is with the syscons driver. Jove also has no
problem on SCO, BSDI or Linux. Is this a known problem with the syscons
driver, and is there a workaround?

--
      Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.