Date:      Sun, 13 Feb 2000 21:29:15 -0500
From:      Jim Mercer <jim@reptiles.org>
To:        cjclark@home.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: patches for de driver (full-duplex packet loss problems)

On Sun, Feb 13, 2000 at 06:05:55PM -0500, Crist J. Clark wrote:
> > with the mailing list archives down, i can't do my own search, but i was
> > hoping someone on these lists could give me some pointers.
>
> Try www.deja.com and search the muc.lists.freebsd.* hierarchy.

i'll poke about there.

> Just one question I always ask people trying to get things working at
> full-duplex, is the card plugged into a hub at the other end?

actually, we started with cross over cables, and then suspecting them, tried
jacking into a number of 10mbp and 10/100mbps hubs.

still getting various problems (from high packet loss to not being able to
sync up 100bps/fullduplex).

--
[ Jim Mercer                 jim@reptiles.org              +1 416 506-0654 ]
[          Reptilian Research -- Longer Life through Colder Blood          ]