Date:      Fri, 29 Dec 1995 08:18:19 -0800
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        John Dyson <dyson@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        craigs@venus.os.com (Craig Shrimpton), msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, deasey@netpath.net, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mailto:questions@FreeBSD.org

>(Hope that this clarifies the situation.)  Also, I sure wish that we
>would learn to be more tolerant of apparently innocent questions being
>asked.

   I'd like to second this notion. The -questions mailing list has become very
hostile recently to new users, and this is exactly what *should not* happen.
The -questions mailing list was designed and created specifically for new
users who have "new user" questions. If you are on this list and have a low
threshold for these types of questions, please do all of us (and most
importantly our new users) a favor and either unsubscribe or answer the
questions politely and with high "new user" tolerance. We have many other
mailing lists which are not new-user oriented (such as -hackers, -current,
-bugs, etc) where your energy can be much better spent.

-DG

David Greenman
Core Team/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project