Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 2017 07:37:44 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Clearing subversion issue

--icMbKntnV1VOM6VveXCriaefKXnFwxKgE
From: Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

--bc7mdUx5E4NriDHH5NJC6Rs7X2sQWKWvW

On 27/10/2017 06:52, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> Instead of resolving conflicts cleanly, I simply deleted all of the por=
> and run "svn up". It ran cleanly, but one file was not downloaded, the
> recently added patch.
>=20
> I ran "svn status" which returns:
> D     C print/freetype2/files/extra-patch-fix_size_metrics.diff
>       >   local unversioned, incoming file add upon update

This is svn not overwriting an un-versioned file.  If you know that you
want the patch from upstream, try removing
extra-patch-fix_size_metrics.diff and updating again.

> !     C www/linux-c6-flashplugin11
>       >   local dir edit, incoming dir delete or move upon update
> !       www/linux-c6-flashplugin11/Makefile
> !       www/linux-c6-flashplugin11/distinfo
> !       www/linux-c6-flashplugin11/pkg-descr
> !       www/linux-c6-flashplugin11/pkg-message
> !       www/linux-c6-flashplugin11/pkg-plist

This is svn expecting to rename that directory and all its contents, and
being confused because some things have already disappeared.

> I have no idea what triggered the flashplugin11 issue. It's been gone f=
or a
> long time, but this is the first time I have run a status on ports in a=

> very long time.
>=20
> I suspect that there is an easy to fix these, but I have yet to find it=
=2E

In general, 'svn revert -R foo/bar' will undo local changes and give you
copies of the foo/bar port's files exactly as they appear in the
repository.  You should also look at 'svn status' to find files in your
tree that don't exist in the repository.  svn does have a habit of
leaving some files in your tree which eg. git would remove -- this is
particularly noticeable with 'svn rm'

	Cheers,

	Matthew