Date:      Tue, 10 Jun 2003 11:53:48 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Vaclav Petricek <petricek@sec.ms.mff.cuni.cz>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@freebsd.org>
Cc:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: redirect unauthorized users to a login page (natd as atransparent proxy)

--0-1938582547-1055238828=:89471

> > > I was hoping proxy_only will do the trick but it does not seem to have
> > > any impact and the source address is changed anyway.
> > >
> > > A quick glance at the source did not help much to my understanding of the
> > > proxy_only option.
> > >
> > Confirmed as a bug.  The attached patch worked for me,
> > please test it.  You'll have to recompile and reinstall
> > libalias(3), then recompile and reinstall natd(8) with
> > new library.
> >
> I was too fast.  This patch doesn't work well.  It works
> in a sense that it doesn't modify source IP address of
> the proxied packets, but it doesn't work in a sense that
> reply packets do not undergo de-aliasing.  The attached
> patch is verified to work.  Please test it instead.

The patch works. Thank you very much. I attach my attempt on a patch that
should make it possible to ommit the alias_address and interface options
in case proxy_only is specified. IMHO in that situation these options are
not used and should not be required by natd..

Thank you for any comments on the diff (especially style).

Should I fire a PR?

Best regards,

Vaclav
--0-1938582547-1055238828=:89471
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--0-1938582547-1055238828=:89471--